Pro Bros Windows
Facts about replacement windows
Installing energy-efficient windows can reduce energy use and cut your monthly heating and cooling bills. The U.S. Department of Energy has determined that 30% or more of a home’s energy can be lost through inefficient windows. Can you afford to continue to waste up to one-third of the money you spend every month on utility bills?
ProBros Window & Sunrooms installs replacement windows that are among the most efficient on the market, with superior energy performance engineered into the frames and glass.
When choosing the right windows in Livingston County, it helps to understand the different features of each style. Not only to do we carry all of the standard styles, but we’re familiar with their designs, inside and out.
- Single Hung Windows: These are the standard windows that you’ll see in most new constructions. The reason behind their popularity is simple: price. They are the most cost-effective option when it comes to replacement windows.
- Double Hung Windows: Double hung windows are becoming increasingly popular in renovations and restorations due to the fact that they offer better energy efficiency than single hung windows. They’re also made of durable materials, and are easy to keep clean and well-maintained.
- Casement Windows: With their beveled exterior design, casement windows have a unique look all their own. They’re beautiful to look at, plus they feature triple weather-stripping, offering the least air filtration of any other window product.
- Sliding Windows: These windows offer greater visibility while still being effective at controlling energy efficiency. Don’t let the fact they easily slide open fool you; these windows are also very secure.
Aside from having an in-depth understanding of window products, we’re also experts at window installation. Whether you want bow or bay windows, stunning picture windows, or have windows installed in your awning or greenhouse, we’ve got you covered.
We thoroughly vet our suppliers so you can be sure that you are putting a quality product in your home! We are confident that every window we sell exceeds energy efficiency and quality standards.
Features and Benefits
How to identify an energy efficient window – 3 Key factors
U factor – this measures the ability for a window to retain the heat in your home in the winter. The Lower the u value the better. A good number would be .30 or lower.
SHGC – this stands for solar heat gain coefficient. It measures the ability to keep the heat out in the summer. A good number would be .30 or lower. If the window faces south or west and gets a lot of Sun .20 to .26 would be preferred.
Air Infiltration– this is the most important number of all, if a window is leaky and lets in cold air in the winter, the U factor and SHGC are meaningless. Windows are tested with a 25 mph wind to see how much air leaks around the weather strip.
It is measured in Cubic Feat per minute ( CFM) . One cubic foot is equal to about 7 gallons of air, so if a window was leaking about 1 cfm per minute it would let in over 7 gallons of air. The Industry considers .30 cfm energy efficient , but that is still over 2 gallons of air every minute, for every window in your house.
Look for a window that measures somewhere between .01 cfm and .15 cfm. , that way you will not feel those cold drafts in the winter time.
Energy-efficient glass reduces monthly utility bills. The glass packages available in replacement windows installed by ProBros Window & Sunrooms include some of the most advanced features available today. At the heart of our replacement windows is a technologically advanced glass called Low-E (low emissivity) glass. Low-E glass maximizes your home’s efficiency by reducing the amount of heat entering or escaping. Microscopically thin layers of oxidized metal are applied to the glass surface, allowing filtered light to pass through while reflecting most heat energy back to its source – an incredibly efficient way to reduce energy loss.
You have many options when it comes to selecting Brighton replacement windows, and the replacement window experts at ProBros Window & Sunroom can help you choose the best products for your home. Here is an overview of the window frame materials you can choose from and their benefits.
Windows manufactured from vinyl represent the largest market share in the replacement window business. High-quality structural vinyl is affordable, strong and provides very good energy savings, with moderate to high R-values to help reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Economical cost
- No painting or maintenance required
- Outstanding energy efficiency
- Wide variety of styles
Custom fit and sizing
Wood windows are popular for custom window jobs that require unique design specifications. Wood can be painted to match any exterior color, but must be painted regularly to avoid undesirable chipping and exposure which can lead to rot. Wood windows have better insulative properties than metal, but fall short of vinyl and fiberglass.
- Can be painted or stained
- Wide variety of sizes to choose from
- Does not attract condensation like a metal frame
- Adds value and traditional appeal
Get your free quote
Fill out the form below or call us at (810) 229-5160!